Find out more about the Oncology Data Network
The Oncology Data Network (ODN) is the first multi-country European collaboration of its kind revealing at scale how anti-cancer medicines are being used in near real-time. Our data-sharing network is open to all European cancer treatment centres and aims to inform best practice, highlight variations in care, accelerate research and help address financial sustainability challenges.
Our pioneering data-sharing network has grown rapidly since its launch in late 2017
*Estimated Annual Patients on Anti-Cancer Therapy
*Austria, Belgium, England, France, Germany, Netherlands, Spain
The ODN is designed to inform quality, innovation and value in care by delivering:
Our Network is for all cancer types and any European cancer treatment centre. Scale enables meaningful analyses into fragmented patient populations and precision medicine.
We provide treatment analyses from across the Network in near-real time. Speed is essential to keep pace with innovation and to help expedite clinical research.
Our platform maps and translates data from clinical systems into a common language. This allows ODN members to compare and benchmark treatment data.
We ensure high standards of privacy and data protection, aligned with GDPR.
Our platform automatically extracts data from existing systems to minimise administrative burden.
We have a clear governance structure involving the broader oncology community, including patients.
The ODN aims to help the oncology community address three key challenges:
- Enlighten local practice and adoption of innovative treatments
- Inform best practice and identify variations of care
- Provide insights for personalised care, rare cancers and particular populations
- Link a particular patient population to upcoming clinical studies
- Identify new areas for research studies and publications
- Facilitate collaboration between centres in the Network
- Provide insights on the real-world use of treatments and pragmatic outcomes
- Help support efficient use of resources
- Support flexible payment agreements which can help ensure access to innovative medicines